Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lincoln Continental Mark X1 Rework


Featured on Autoblog
  
Above is a re-paint of the front of the car with completely different front details.  I think it looks much more in line with Lincoln's current design language.  Below is the sketch I did earlier this year which motivated me to put a more aggressive front on the new Mark.  The original nose after the jump is more original and stately, whereas the new nose above and in the sketch is more sporty.  Although I'm satisfied with the new nose, I think stateliness is a more appropriate presence for Lincoln than sportiness.  Particularly since Cadillac is so seriously pursuing racing and high-performance, to make a "sporty" product but not be involved with motorsports would be somewhat hypocritical.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers